key on power help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I see, if they're all going to the same terminal they will all be hot at the same time. Meaning for your application any wire will work that is going to that terminal.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not any wire. Any wire coming from from or going to the pin 4 terminal on C255. Sorry if I wasn't clear on the previous post.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
bump for an actual answer im getting readings all over the board with this multimeter ive deduced im a dumbass and dont properly know how to use it which is probably true.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ignition will put power to pin 4 when the key is in the acc. and on/run position. If you're unsure which pin on the connector is pin 4 all you have to do is set your mulitmeter to the setting "20" in the DCV section.

1.) See which pins have power with the key off and note that none with power will be used for your application.

2.) Turn your ignition to the on position and note which pins have power.

3.) Turn your ignition to the acc. position and see which pins have power.

So say (completely making these numbers up) that pins 1, 2, and 5 have power with your key off- throw these numbers out of the equation, you will NOT be using any of these pins.

Then say pins 2, 3, 4, and 5 have power when the ignition is in the on position. Again 2 and 5 are useless. So we've narrowed your pin down to pin 3 or 4.

Now say with the ignition in the acc position we have power to pins 1, 4, and 5. Remembering that 1 and 5 are no good, you have found pin 4 which is the one you want for the fans.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i just dont know which down there is pin 4, i have no test meter =( i almost spliced directly into the ignition fuse into the fuse panel but then though no thats hokey. alkso why does that diagram have a clutch switch i dont have a clutch

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ignition will put power to pin 4 when the key is in the acc. and on/run position. If you're unsure which pin on the connector is pin 4 all you have to do is set your mulitmeter to the setting "20" in the DCV section.

1.) See which pins have power with the key off and note that none with power will be used for your application.

2.) Turn your ignition to the on position and note which pins have power.

3.) Turn your ignition to the acc. position and see which pins have power.

So say (completely making these numbers up) that pins 1, 2, and 5 have power with your key off- throw these numbers out of the equation, you will NOT be using any of these pins.

Then say pins 2, 3, 4, and 5 have power when the ignition is in the on position. Again 2 and 5 are useless. So we've narrowed your pin down to pin 3 or 4.

Now say with the ignition in the acc position we have power to pins 1, 4, and 5. Remembering that 1 and 5 are no good, you have found pin 4 which is the one you want for the fans.

^ very good logic. haha :waytogo: