k2500 frame under k1500 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My point is you already have a 6 lug frame under the truck, why the desire to change?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
And being a centuruon, you cant buy a used direct swap. On dads we took a half ton front and put on a 3/4 rear, but that is a lot of work over 4 brackets.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And being a centuruon, you cant buy a used direct swap. On dads we took a half ton front and put on a 3/4 rear, but that is a lot of work over 4 brackets.

That it is but it's the only correct answer. Reason being the front rails on a 2500 are taller than a 1500 so even just swapping over mounts wouldn't get you 100%. Same reason why, even if 1500 knuckles fit a 2500 upper arm, your geometry will be all messed up.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No experience with the half ton GMT 400s, sorry in advance. I'm an 8 lug fan myself. Doh!

I've seen the crew cab centurions, and have to admit, they are pretty cool. Especially like you mentioned, they didn't make them.

But I've wondered the payload capacity of them. The ECSB 1500 only had like 1,400 lbs payload, IIRC. Maybe less for the 4x4s?. Add a full cab and aren't you now lower? Maybe that doesn't matter...

Of course, this definitely doesn't matter if you are just cruising around town, etc. And truthfully, probably around the same as any modern CC1500.

If you could chop your bed into 5.5' or whatever they are, you'd have those Brozoders with them dorky fat wheels drop their jaws, LOL. At least around here.

Are you running the 10 bolt rear?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Both frames measured 6 inches, at the upoer control arm area, and matched in all areas, I went and measured just now.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Both frames measured 6 inches, at the upoer control arm area, and matched in all areas, I went and measured just now.

That's strange. It's be an archeological dig to find the thread I'm thinking of, but it had a graphical depiction of the differences in the front sections of the frames. The Centurion is just an extended 1500 frame right? The factory CC frames were the thickest of all in the middle and rear. I'd like to see how they extended the frame if you're inclined to snapping a couple of pics.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the 2500/3500 frames are deeper. I've never measured at the front tough.

Realistically, they need to be deeper under the cab, as that's where the maximum bending stresses occur. I'm no mechanical engineer, but that's just basic mechanic of materials theory...

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
8 inches under the cab, in C channel. 2 wheel drives are 6 inches under there, atleast on half ton. Centurion extended them under the doors. The 3/4 ton frame is a little over a 1/4 inch thick, whereas the galf ton looks like about an eigth of an inch.