Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Painted the Sidekick black. Looks much better. Got some new wheels too, just waiting for the new lug nuts to show up. Finally sold the G20, had it for sale for over a month and everyone interested wanted it for a daily. Ripped the drivetrain out of the parts truck too.
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So i picked this up for a buddy yesterday. He wants to build up an ls for his truck, and I'm trying to help him do it cheap. This is a 2000 5.3 auto. Last winter the guy lost control and went into a ditch and flipped it straight over. A few weeks before, he had spent $2400 on a trans and transfer case rebuild. Got the whole truck with plow for $500.
That's an awesome deal

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
That's an awesome deal

I thought so too. I figure between the plow, trans, transfer case and wheels, plus scrap should have a free engine plus a good chunk of cash to build it up.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I thought so too. I figure between the plow, trans, transfer case and wheels, plus scrap should have a free engine plus a good chunk of cash to build it up.
Yah should triple your money easily with just plow and engine

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Sooo I've been tossing the idea of making an old car or truck into a lawn ornament in my front yard. Kept an eye out on Craigslist but nothing cheap ever turned up. I stopped at one of the local junkyards and they let me buy an old one out of the back of the yard. Not sure of the exact year, but its a 42-48 Chevy. Its very rough, but perfect for display. It has the original straight 6 block and 3spd trans still in it, but im going to pull them out. It only had one wheel but luckily it has the same 6 lug pattern as our trucks, and i have a spare set. It also didn't come with a steering wheel and i had one out of my 92 parts truck, and incredibly it has the SAME spline and the SAME threaded nut that holds it on! There's a few more things i want to do before putting it in the yard, but ill be posting updates on it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got 2 wheels swapped from my plow truck on the back, and borrowed a pair from Dylan to get it off my trailer and into the shop and yanked the drivetrain out. If its the original transmission, its date coded 1948. I also discovered that on older cars, the actual driveshaft spins inside a long sleeve that is connected to the rear diff, and if you cut it in half and it flops down it drains out all of the gear oil out.