just ordered me some new taillights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And some tough love here...

Stainless side molding - ok on some colors
Fender trim arches - ok if they are the stock oem ones not the ones with a slight flare
clear parklights - ok
clear headlights - ok
chrome wheels - ok as long as not too blingy
chrome mirrors - no unless its a 88-94
chrome door/tailgate handles - no
side steps - no
bull bar- no

resist the temptation...

So as long as its stock he should be good right.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99z28monster said:
So as long as its stock he should be good right.
go glue some chrome garbage on your truck its sooo custom :nono:

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I wasn't kidding, the way I see it if you pay the cash for it might as well buy stainless or chrome, you can always paint it yourself later.

As for trim yea it's the wide flare kind, don't like the stock stuff.

rocker molding, already have, mirrors it's an 88. bull bar, side steps aint got yet but going to one day.

door handles not yet but soon.

taillights, they are originally $40 a set, same lights, same brand everything, even up to 60 or so a set.

That lower valance in chrome and tow hooks are temtping, but not for a hundred a piece.

As for wheels, no bling bling junk, stock 16's polished or some cragar or us wheel star chrome wheels in a 16.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im just giving my opinion man, I have no problem with what the OP likes. Its a forum open for discussion, how boring would it be if every response was cool man, i like it, nice truck.

We discuss our likes and dislikes, and people make their own decisions. Love em or hate em, theres no reason to get butt hurt, treat your truck how you like, because its for you not anyone else.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im just giving my opinion man, I have no problem with what the OP likes. Its a forum open for discussion, how boring would it be if every response was cool man, i like it, nice truck.

We discuss our likes and dislikes, and people make their own decisions. Love em or hate em, theres no reason to get butt hurt, treat your truck how you like, because its for you not anyone else.

But you don't have to be an ass when you express your difference of tastes.

"I don't like it. It's not my taste, but hey, it's your truck, so enjoy!"

That's a polite, civil way of expressing it.

This...

go glue some chrome garbage on your truck its sooo custom :nono:

...is just plain rude and uncalled for.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was not responding to him when i said that. I was responding to 99z28 who poked fun at me with a comment- "so as long as its stock its ok"

Reaction score
Looks like you got a good deal on the lights. Post some pictures when you get them installed.

As for ts96 I think you'd be better off keeping your opinions to yourself! Opinions are one thing telling a member to glue chrome garbage on his ride to make it custom is just being an *******.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was to 99z28 who made a joke at me!

Im sorry if I offended anyone but it was a joke to 99z.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man no harm no foul on my account, I thought it was funny and yall posting back at each other over it was pretty funny too.

I appreciate you guys standing up though and telling ppl to chill out, IMO sometimes it's a good thing for sure to keep things cool and not a bashfest. I know alot of ppl like all stock, or blacked out stuff, and some like chrome and cab visors, like me lol. I don't want every chrome do dad in the catalog but I do want a few LOL.

I definately will post pics when I get them. That's one of the reasons for this thread. I just have to wait until I get them in, get some pics, then change them out and take pics with them on my truck.