Just a little problem or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have a 1998 Silverado with the 5.7 so the other day I went to start it and all I got was a click , click so I taped on the starter and nothing , brings me to today which is 4 days later and I just tried to start it again and it fired right up , so my question is ,there something on the way out? Something I should be preparing for or any ideas where I should look ? Thanks for looking.

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did check the cables and the grounds and everything was tight and not rusted , maybe just a 1 time thing hopefully it’s never done this before so I was curious

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Yes I did check the cables and the grounds and everything was tight and not rusted , maybe just a 1 time thing hopefully it’s never done this before so I was curious
I had mine came just a little loose one day backing out of a parkin spot. Truck died. Wiggled cables a lil n everything came back on. Battery terminals could be wallered out if it's older. Seen some guys switch to a bolt n nut instead of the OEM bolt. Can run bolt in, run nut down to keep loops tighter on the battery.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
People join this forum for help and all you ever do is sh*t on them every chance you get. Your skills are obvious!
Yes...everybody gotta start somewhere! Nobody is born knowing how to troubleshoot or repair their vehicle; if they have an interest then a relevant forum is a great place to start.

Richard

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Yes...everybody gotta start somewhere! Nobody is born knowing how to troubleshoot or repair their vehicle; if they have an interest then a relevant forum is a great place to start.

Richard
I'm just glad he could use the period and ? button unlike o2sensor kid that came in with attitude haha

mkcustoms881

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have no mechanical skills, diagnostic troubleshooting, or don't know how to use the service manual a good service garage is for you.
This is what this site really is , 1 big service manual with tons of knowledge but then you get ***** like you that just wanna throw smart ass comments in to feel good about your pathetic self. All good bro sorry I made you read something you had no clue in helping out