Jrezer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrezer

Reaction score
Just having some issues trying to figure out door hinge bushings. It seems GM changed the door hinge bushings in 2000 for the GMt400 trucks or so it seems. I have a 2000 crewcab and am trying to replace the door hinge bushing and pins. I bought the GM bushings that the parts counter says are the correct fit #16632192 but they are not what is in my truck. After removing the door and popping out the old OE bushings, they are Steel with teflon and have a different outside diameter than the Bronze bushings that are common to these truck. Anyone had a similiar experience?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Only thing I could think of, is if sometime in it's life those holes in the hinges became egged.then some body drilled them out and put a different bushing in to correct it.

Sent from the big block!

Jrezer

Reaction score
The outside diameter on the bushings on my truck are smaller than the replacement bronze bushings. The bronze GM bushings are too big to fit in the hinge holes, both sizes. I would have to drill the hinge to accept the bronze oe bushings. The information I have is that some late years on the C/K truck ( 2000-2002) have different bushings ( Steel with teflon coating).

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I would go back and see if they offer any other kits. Welcome to the site man! Keep us updated we will do what we can to help

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Jrezer

Reaction score
Thank you!

Well a return trip to my local GM parts counter got the job done. GM indeed made a change to the later model trucks of this body style. It was listed under a bulletin and took a second look to find. These little suckers are pricey at around $20.00 each and one of them was disontinued by GM, luckily a dealer in Michigan still had some in stock and that put me in business. The aftermarket does not recognize this change in Bushings so it might help someone in the future to get it right the first time, I had my door off and the bushing popped out before realizing the problem.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got her!

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit