JollyGreen's 99 crew cab: "Walking the Green Mile"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Nice truck! i have never understood why GM dropped the ball on the body line of the rear pillar, sticks out like a sore thumb!

I would go GM tows, i think they would look amazing on there.

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Appears mint! Im currently restoring a 00 crew cab. I have been looking for 10 years and found one I decided to pull the trigger on! Great looking trucks and RARE...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The truck looks awesome! That color is perfect!

Now I wish I could afford a 3/4 ton truck and steal the wheels off my bosses H2. They look better than any aftermarket wheel out there. Great Job!

EWheeler

Reaction score
Love the truck. I wish I could find a clean cap like the one you took off for my CCSB, I really like the look of that style canopy. Look forward to seeing future updates.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
looking good man. still jealous. wish i had been in a better position to buy it myself back then.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been extremely busy (lazy) about updating anything on the truck. Still have quite a few things that I want to buy for it. Well, I have to attend NCO academy in San Antonio starting on Monday, and I wasn't about to drive 12 hrs one way without an updated stereo with XM. I bit the bullet and bought a new deck and some components for the front. Got both for a really good price and installed them yesterday. I also bought a 12" kicker sub and RF amp that will be going in tomorrow (got both of those dirt cheap too).

After only listening to it for about 20-30 minutes today I'm ecstatic about how it sounds. These speakers are exactly what I wanted. The mids are very clear and the high's are crisp. I do want to get a small amp hooked up to them at some point, but for running off of deck power they sound awesome. After the sub goes in I know it's going to sound even better. The only thing left to do after this is to buy some 6 1/2" 2 ways for the rear doors. Ran the XM antenna through the 3rd brake light.

You must be registered for see images attach

Going to try and get the overhead console installed tomorrow as well. Anyone remember how to hook the wires up so the map lights come on with the door AND turn on/off independently?