JollyGreen's 99 crew cab: "Walking the Green Mile"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Bout time man looks awesome and love the new wheels/ centers and tires

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I'd say go full length if that is going to be your side steps.

I'd do wheel well to wheel well, but that's just me.

Might as well tie them into the frame and make 'em rock sliders if going through the trouble to build 'em.

It may never go offroad, it may never need 'em, but the one time you do or make that "ooppsie" the extra work pays for itself.

Center caps came out nice.

:)

I haven't decided how far back I want to go with them yet. The first thought was to go just short of the bed. I'm afraid if I go back to the rear wheel well it's going to make the truck look even longer than it actually is. Of course that's just aesthetically, for function it does make sense to run them back farther. I may play around with them a bit. Even if I stop them short of the bed I could always add a piece at a later date.

^ This. I did the same type of step on my 85 back in the day. It will also help to step up on and get things out of the tool box. I recessed marker lights into the end of the miter cut.
The wheels look great.

The marker light is a great idea in the step. You don't happen to have any pics of it do ya?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Looks great Josh! I agree with the idea of running the bars full length so you can step up to access the tool box plus in the event you ever get sideswiped the bar will take most of the hit and protect the body.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I haven't decided how far back I want to go with them yet. The first thought was to go just short of the bed. I'm afraid if I go back to the rear wheel well it's going to make the truck look even longer than it actually is. Of course that's just aesthetically, for function it does make sense to run them back farther. I may play around with them a bit. Even if I stop them short of the bed I could always add a piece at a later date.

The marker light is a great idea in the step. You don't happen to have any pics of it do ya?

I surely do not.

Sent from an obama phone