Jet programmer on 98k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I set My jet programmer to max, (set to run premium gas) and I still run regulaf gas with no issues. Once you program, you can always re
Program at any time. Also set the trans on max, it still shifts smoth, but much sharper. My truck is a 97 5.7L. IMO the transmission was the biggest improvement. Although a Black Bear Tune is much more efficientive, I am happy with my Jet programmer.

codsta8

Reaction score
Thanks .... Have u messed around with the live data, I was trying to see if my cat was bad but monitoring the o2 sensors but it only shows info on the the o2's before the cat

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little but not much

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pull the O2 sensors infront of the cat and behind the cat, and see if the exhaust pressure feels the same coming out of the holes where the o2 sensors were. Have some rev the engine to do this, if the pressure is the same in both front and rear o2 sensor holes, then the cats are good, but if there is less pressure from the back hole, then the cat is pluged up. Just remember this will be more noticeable at high RPMs. While the coumputer wil trip an o2 code, you can always reset it when you put the sensors back in.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also you may need to plug the o2 sensore in after you remove them, and just let them hang there while you the test.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Or use a laser thermometer to measure temp before and after the cat. If the temp is more than a few degrees, the cat is partially plugged.