jadaven: intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jadaven

Reaction score
Figure I've lurked here enough, actually posted in projects or pics at one point so not an official intro. About 4 months ago I picked up a 1990 Chevy RCSS Z71 for $600. I knew it had some rust but not to the extent that I found when I took the bed off. So I had a welder come out and start strengthening the frame and patching holes. Finally got it put together and safe to drive. While I was under it I put a 2"block in the rear and cranked the t-bars about 1.5 inches. Stuck on a 3" body lift as well. I replaced, the gas tank, fuel lines, some brake lines and put a roll pan on until I get my custom bumper done, should be done next week actually (pretty much have the welder on payroll now). Also I did the roll on liner in the bed, looks like crap, does the job. Put a set of Pro Comp 305/70/16s on black Pro Comp steelies.

Right now plans are fix the weird electrical problem. Going to have the cab Linex-ed. Remove the ball cap looking thing on the roof that the previous owner thought was awesome. Paint: Hot Rod Black. Stereo, doesn't have one at all right now. Have a custom brush guard and nerf bar/step bars made. The motor smokes on start up so I'll be building something (cammed 350 w/ Vortec heads) or do a Gen-III swap.

This is my first OBS. I've had 3 NBS RCSB one being an RST I wish I never ever sold.:banghead: Also this is my first lifted truck all the others were lowered at 2/4.

Little about me. Live out in Ellicott City, MD. I'm a instructor and tech writer for the military / government. 12 years in the Navy, medically retired.

Pics to follow,
Jim

jadaven

Reaction score
Day 1
You must be registered for see images attach

Bed off

Fixed before clean and paint

Half ass roll pan install.

Old f-body seats, tundra console test

As it sits now

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking rig and welcome. It amazes me how bad some of you guys have to fight rust in other parts of the country