It's spring and time for body work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93TL93

Reaction score
I wasn't questioning that you have done repair. Its just I don't think it will be unsafe when the rocker is patched. The passenger side is the worst and the only one I took a picture of it was almost identical to the drivers side before winter.
Driver side
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

93TL93

Reaction score
I guess your guys definition of bad is a little different than mine because this is I what I'm used to

This is just sickening

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nope, that just looks looks like a Nova Scotia truck to me. Maybe a bit better off than a NS truck. My 89 was that bad when I started. Had to put in new floors, rockers, corners, extensions, etc and I still ended up junking it. Once it gets a good hold, fighting rust is a loosing battle.

I say your drivers rocker is toast because of that big ugly brown bubble right in the middle ready to pop through. That means the rust behind it is all over the interior and the metal is thinned down to nearly nothing. Only way to deal with it is to cut the rocker out and replace and hope teh floor structure is still intact.

By your own words, the passenger side looked like that before tie winter. The drivers side is just waiting to burst out on you.....:(

93TL93

Reaction score
I guess I just didn't want to believe all this repair was needed. I should of know you see it on the surface then there is a bunch once you start cutting it up

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I guess I just didn't want to believe all this repair was needed. I should of know you see it on the surface then there is a bunch once you start cutting it up

I fixed mine last summer, once you cut off the outer layer of rust and metal the inner is usually just as bad if not worse. Especially on the cab corners and rear wheel wells

93TL93

Reaction score
I was helping a friend with a 2000 s10 which had a few bubbles nothing that looked bad started removing the paint and the whole wheel well crumbled into pieces ended up needing a whole panel.

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I was helping a friend with a 2000 s10 which had a few bubbles nothing that looked bad started removing the paint and the whole wheel well crumbled into pieces ended up needing a whole panel.

Gotta love salty roads haha