Issues with rough country 2-3 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timboslice

Reaction score
Had a 2-3 inch lift installed on my 98 k1500 recently. Now every time I drive over a big dip in the road there is a big clunk. Anyone ever experienced this? It seems to happen when the suspension rebounds.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a 2-3 inch lift installed on my 98 k1500 recently. Now every time I drive over a big dip in the road there is a big clunk. Anyone ever experienced this? It seems to happen when the suspension rebounds.
I have this lift installed on my truck with no issues other than camber adjustment. I’d be looking at your brackets to make sure that they’re tight. Who installed it and did they do it correctly?

Timboslice

Reaction score
I have this lift installed on my truck with no issues other than camber adjustment. I’d be looking at your brackets to make sure that they’re tight. Who installed it and did they do it correctly?
I've been up under it checked everything I know to check it all seems tight! Guy thay installed it said he followed instructions step by step. Your truck has bad positive camber as well?

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been up under it checked everything I know to check it all seems tight! Guy thay installed it said he followed instructions step by step. Your truck has bad positive camber as well?
Yeah the camber is borderline acceptable as is. I can improve it by cranking up the torsion bars but I don’t want it that high.
Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit. The upper control arms need some design help.

Timboslice

Reaction score
Yeah the camber is borderline acceptable as is. I can improve it by cranking up the torsion bars but I don’t want it that high.
Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit. The upper control arms need some design help.
A general idea of how bad mine is right now. Been to two different shops.

Attachments

• 20211026_165724.jpg
    20211026_165724.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 32
  • 20211024_174539.jpg
    20211024_174539.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 32

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A general idea of how bad mine is right now. Been to two different shops.
Have you contacted rough country? We are not the only ones with this issue and they have to know about it. Last time I called them they played dumb and told me to check and make sure that I had the control arms on the right side. The arms are too long And need to be shortened

Timboslice

Reaction score
Have you contacted rough country? We are not the only ones with this issue and they have to know about it. Last time I called them they played dumb and told me to check and make sure that I had the control arms on the right side. The arms are too long And need to be shortened
Have not but will by the end of the week!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Full weight needs to be on the suspension before tightening control arm bushings or you can shred the bushings. Did "the guy" know this? Checking everything to make sure it's tight should involve a torque wrench and the bolt torque specifications out of a service manual.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problems with these 2-3" inch control arm/key kits are well documented all over the internet by others that have bought it before them including info on this site, and in spite of the available information and warnings people still buy it thinking this won't be them.

A little due diligence in researching and heeding the advice of others would have went a long way.