ISO: Trans to Motor support bars, 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Hi all,

My truck is a 91 Chevy k1500 (4wd), 5 speed manual (MG5), 350 (originally a 4.3).

I need the support bars that go from the tranny to the motor. Also, what other support do 4wd trucks have that 2wd don't?

Thanks.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think these rods are about it as far as 4wd and 2wd goes. There might be some from the t-case to the bellhousing but I’m doubtful on that for these trucks; I’ve heard of other generations that had them though.

TBH if you aren’t able to get them I wouldn’t worry too much about it; my 90 K3500 with a 454 and SM465 went 300k without any issues.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '00 Yukon has them on the 4L60, they bolt to the torque converter cover. My '98 Suburban didn't have them, nor a torque converter cover. I couldn't tell the difference when I was driving on the highway or plowing my driveway with either one, so I cant tell you if they're necessary.
But I suspect a junkyard is your best place to look for 'em

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just remembered I never reinstalled those after my engine replacement. Didn't realize they were a 4wd only component. So the general consensus is that they aren't needed?