Wanted: Transmission supports rod/brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they the same across years and engine/transmission combinations? I for certain saw some last time I was at my local yard and could grab a set next time I’m out there. All of the trucks there are automatics though.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Are they the same across years and engine/transmission combinations? I for certain saw some last time I was at my local yard and could grab a set next time I’m out there. All of the trucks there are automatics though.

That I'm not sure of. But my combo is a 350, with a 5 speed (MG5).

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That I'm not sure of. But my combo is a 350, with a 5 speed (MG5).
Before performing an extensive search, make sure your bellhousing has the threaded holes for the brackets. This is from an SM465, but if the holes are there they would look like the threaded holes that are angled down on the bottom. If it doesn’t have these holes, there’s no way to mount them on your trans.
You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Before performing an extensive search, make sure your bellhousing has the threaded holes for the brackets. This is from an SM465, but if the holes are there they would look like the threaded holes that are angled down on the bottom. If it doesn’t have these holes, there’s no way to mount them on your trans.

Thanks! My tranny has those holes.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 91RCSB Z71 has them. 350 with a 5speed. I hit the local pick a part almost weekly. I have seen a few out there. If you’re still looking for some I might be able to score you a set.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
My 91RCSB Z71 has them. 350 with a 5speed. I hit the local pick a part almost weekly. I have seen a few out there. If you’re still looking for some I might be able to score you a set.

Definitely!

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of these rods that I am not using. I used the Engine-mount side plates as shims on the new motor so those are not available, see connection point in photo below. If you desperately need these I could make some other shims. Look at my thread, I am swapping in a 1993 LT1 motor and the rods don't fit with the oil pan. $75 + shipping for the rods and bolts. I can show you a picture. My truck is an L31, and I have nearly EVERYTHING still on the motor, which is on a pallet in my garage. Need anything else?

Last edited: