Is there such an adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Black is GND then?
No, the ground wire is white, and should have a ring terminal to attach it to the frame. If the spare is out of the way on a pickup, there's lots of room to get to crossmembers. I used the thinner one ahead of the bumper, makes it simpler to drill the hole for the screw.
It's fully connected, loomed up, and I can tuck it up out of the way, so it doesn't drag or catch on anything. Towed twice, and the lights worked properly on both trips.

dwcopple

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the ground wire is white, and should have a ring terminal to attach it to the frame. If the spare is out of the way on a pickup, there's lots of room to get to crossmembers. I used the thinner one ahead of the bumper, makes it simpler to drill the hole for the screw.
It's fully connected, loomed up, and I can tuck it up out of the way, so it doesn't drag or catch on anything. Towed twice, and the lights worked properly on both trips.
So what is the black wire for on the oem plugs? There is no white on either

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody knows huh? Sweet.
Before you start throwing jabs you may want to invest in a test light and the free-to-download service manuals here on the site. Wiring diagrams are included. You've got a lot of good advice on here already but nobody's gonna come do the work for you unless you open up that wallet.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, I asked a similar question a year ago and it was you @someotherguy that gave a similar answer. I still went out and verified with a test light. Respectfully :Big Laugh: