Is it easier to put a 2002 ls out of a suburban into a 96 or 93?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d rather do the 93 it’s utter ahead in rebuild and I’ve never liked that tbi motor. The 96 is new ... well to me it is and I m still working on alit of things on it.
So from my understanding of this and doing research and you tune videos..if I do the 93.. I would have to use the harness of the ls.. for the engine? And keep the harness of the 93 for the gauges and other things.
What about the tranny hookup.. it’s a 4l60e.. and from my recollection it’s either a 93 or 94

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbizerk

Reaction score
You keep the computer from the 93 in the truck to power the transmission. It only needs the power wire which is pink one that runs to the big round plug on the passenger side.

Smokebomb

Reaction score
You keep the computer from the 93 in the truck to power the transmission. It only needs the power wire which is pink one that runs to the big round plug on the passenger side.
Can you elaborate on this? I am swapping a '94 and was under the impression the transmission I had would not work with the 2003 LS computer. A transmission is the only thing I'm missing for my swap and my "built" '94 4l60e would save me big money and allow me to start my swap!! Leave the 94 ecu in place and splice the pink wire in at the trans plug?

Smokebomb

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this? I am swapping a '94 and was under the impression the transmission I had would not work with the 2003 LS computer. A transmission is the only thing I'm missing for my swap and my "built" '94 4l60e would save me big money and allow me to start my swap!! Leave the 94 ecu in place and splice the pink wire in at the trans plug?
'93 and '94 transmissions are exactly the same , interchangeable.