Is it blown???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a 99 Silverado K3500 cclb dully. I was pulling a car trailer with a jeep on it in MO and at the top of the hill when it shifted it started ticking like a lifter tick (lifters replaced 6 months ago) and trying to get it up the next hill i started losing oil pressure and started overheating...then started knocking...and died... So like the normal place you start on a blown motor is, i started pulling spark plugs while it was running looking for the spun rod bearing..no luck there but it isnt really a knock any more. It sounds very high in the motor and sounds like metal rubbing hard on metal.

Doesn't over heat anymore and oil pressure stays about 10psi suggesting there is a bearing somewhere messed up.

Do i start pulling valve covers and intake manifolds to check the lifters, valve train and what i can see of the cam shaft or just yank the whole motor for a re build?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Cheaper and faster if you can drop in a used engine, depending on the supply you have available around you.