Interior lights when opening door on 96 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, new to me 96.. No lights(dome, under dash) when opening door. Where/what do I check for problem? Thanks

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid question, where are the fuses on these things? Thx!

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
fuse panel in drivers side dash, the triangle thing you can see on the side of the dash with the door open.

dome override switch on headlight light

bulbs, uh yeah, in the dome light

door switches sit out of the side of the dash and the door pushes them in when you close the door

Does the problem exist when you open either door? or just one door?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The black plunger switch on each side of the dash is a potential culprit. They're maybe $5 or so at a parts store and only take a minute to change.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thx for help... No, either door opens and no lights...

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The black plunger switch on each side of the dash is a potential culprit. They're maybe $5 or so at a parts store and only take a minute to change.

I know this to be an issue with my 97. Do they just pull out of the dash?? The main reason I haven't changed them was I though I had to pull the whole dash.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You have to reach up from the back side and push the little clips in for it to come out. That or just break the switch where it will push back into the dash like i did. Then reach under the dash and get it unplugged, run the wire back out thru the hole, plug it to the new switch, and stick the new switch in the hole.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2

This is one of those rare times where it's just as easy to break it from the outside than cut your hand up trying to release the clips behind the dash.