Interested in re doing my suspension. ADVICE PLS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pab's

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a 92 Silverado sitting on 18's and I'm doing my homework because here in the near future I will be redoing my suspension. I want good performance and great ride...

I'm currently leaning towards McGaughy's 2/4 kit
http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com...4-deluxe-drop-kit-mcgaughys-part-33134-33135/

I'm also planning on changing out the shocks and other items due to the age of the parts. Could you guys advise me as to what other parts I could acquire or replace to give me a great ride? Which shocks do you recommend? Not too worried about spending a bit of coin to make it great. Thanks in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
With a 2/4 drop, I've read the BellTech Street Performance shocks are really good. Mind you, I've never owned or rode in a lowered truck.

Pab's

Reaction score
Ok so far besides the lowering kit I've got: ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar link kits and bushings, control arm bushings, pit man arm, idler arm, drag link. Y'all see anything I missed?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Body mount bushings, and leaf spring bushings or new leaf springs (if yours are faded/shot).

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
+Rear sway bar.
I like the urethane bushings & body mounts I installed in my '98. The full kt s fairly cheap, but the control arm bushings were a total PitA to install! Nice tight feel to the truck, now.
That driver side front spring hanger on a 2/4 is a bee-atch to get installed without removing the box!
2/4 ain't gonna be enough! 6mo.s, a year down the road & you'll be wanting to go 4/6!
That's from experience, but many others here will tell you the same thing!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
+Rear sway bar.
I like the urethane bushings & body mounts I installed in my '98. The full kt s fairly cheap, but the control arm bushings were a total PitA to install! Nice tight feel to the truck, now.
That driver side front spring hanger on a 2/4 is a bee-atch to get installed without removing the box!
2/4 ain't gonna be enough! 6mo.s, a year down the road & you'll be wanting to go 4/6!
That's from experience, but many others here will tell you the same thing!
I keep hearing people say that about the 2/4... I've seen some 2/4's that look really good, and I see some that just look wrong.
When I get my c1500 project truck, my intention was a 2/4 (or whatever to make it level), as all our roads around here have huge water washes built into them. My wifes envoy scrubs pavement on the roads if she doesn't take them at an angle enough, 4/6 just seems like I couldn't make any turns in town without scrubbing. Intentions are 18" wheels on ~28" tires.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Pab's

Reaction score
Agree. I've seen some 2/4'so that look good, I'm going to try it.

Thanks for the advise. Does anyone have the part # for the shocks?

Pab's

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know if those are better than the beilsteins?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins would work for the front (I'm pretty sure), but I don't believe they make a shock that fits a 4" drop in the rear.