instrument panel issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I keep having issues with my 1989 2500
When I turn on the headlights on at times the high beam is on. and the left/right turn signal arrows are slightly illuminated. I notice that the other gages show a different reading than when the headlights are off.
At first I thought that replacing the turn signal switch had fixed that issue. Then I thought that cleaning the ground by the diagnostic connector had fixed it. I was wrong and kew it when the issue came back.
I took the dash panel out and cleaned the connectors , I took the dimmer switch apart and cleaned those traces and connector pins. I did the same with the light switch connector pins.
When the issue came back the other night I whacked the dash and it stopped. Suddenly I realized why the bezel was all beat to heck. So maybe there is a connector in the dash area not making a good connection and be the cause of this? Sounds like something that could be a common thing. Any advice?

SpencerSr

Reaction score
I had an 89 3500 that would do that, I ended up taking the gauge cluster out and cleaned the contacts on the cluster and in the dash and it still didnt fix it....
Solution was finally found because it was a bad ground in the headlight harness up front