Inner Window Felt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their inner window felts? If so what method did you use to secure the felt strip to the door panel? Have an OBS where the inner felt is stapled to the door panel from the factory. After carefully removing the staples I ordered stainless steel ones from Corvette Central where they advice drilling pilot holes and then bending the staples to secure them. However I cant seem to find the right tool to bend the ends over and the fiberboard of the door panel is fragile.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Here's an option. I've used black rivets to install them before. Use a rivet washer on the backside so it doesn't pull through the fiberboard. Make sure that the rivet shaft that breaks off, doesn't sit above the rivet itself. Otherwise it'll scratch the window. The rivet will pull down far enough into the fuzz so that it will almost disappear.

Reaction score
thank you for the suggestion. Thats a good idea. dont own a rivet gun but may have to buy one now unless i can figure out a way to do it with what i have.