Ineed help with bodymounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottWells

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 1997 c-1500 from the ground up for my boss at a machine shop. We work on things like this on Saturdays and I am not a professional mechanic.
What I ran into is when I put new body mounts on the radiator core support is 16 mm higher than with the old mounts.
I put the cab on a few weeks ago and didn't figure that out till I put on the finders and core support last Saturday.
The bushings are all new from LMC truck, I called them and they were no help.
The cab is sitting level and squair and I am not sure what I did wrong and exactly what to do to fix it I can't find anyone else that sells the complete bushing to try another set.
Does anyone have any ideas
thanks.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you still have the old mounts to compare to? Could be the old ones were just absolutely squashed.

Are you sure you ordered the correct bushings? I know there are different height bushings depending on where on the truck they go. Maybe you mixed up the rear mounts and the front ones? Or the kit you got didn't have the right height bushings? Which one did you order?

Just the first thoughts to come to mind.

ScottWells

Reaction score
I called LMC and confirmed I bought the right ones. I thought I didn't need the old ones any more and thru them away. I remembered I tried them and the bushings wouldn't fit the wrong holes The odd thing is the cab is square and level on the frame.
I am sorry I haven't figured out how to put a picture on here yet.
It is starting to look like I need to get a used set from the junkyard and see what the difference is, I just remembered I took the steel parts out and measured them against the old ones and they were the same before I put them on.
Thanks for the suggestions I am sure it is something goofy I have done and when I find it, it will be funny. But it is not funny now.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called LMC and confirmed I bought the right ones. I thought I didn't need the old ones any more and thru them away. I remembered I tried them and the bushings wouldn't fit the wrong holes The odd thing is the cab is square and level on the frame.
I am sorry I haven't figured out how to put a picture on here yet.
It is starting to look like I need to get a used set from the junkyard and see what the difference is, I just remembered I took the steel parts out and measured them against the old ones and they were the same before I put them on.
Thanks for the suggestions I am sure it is something goofy I have done and when I find it, it will be funny. But it is not funny now.
I have an new original OEM set here I could take some measurements. For a regular cab that is.