I'm out of ideas, guys. (Truck runs like crap no matter what I do).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Just wondering, Have you checked the EGR valve? From the pictures it looks fairly new. They have a tendancy to carbon up and hang open. It creates a slight vaccum leak in the intake which can cause a unstable idle, hesitation and chugging on acceleration. It won't set a code either. Also check to make sure it doesn't have vacuum at idle, the solenoids do fail occaisionally.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you change this?
You must be registered for see images

Ignition control module?

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

jdmdrew

Reaction score
This is what I would do.
Get brake cleaner and spray around the intake manifold and see if idle changes if it does you have a vac leak and need to the the intake gaskets.
Clean the iacv with brake cleaner it's fairly easy to remove
3rd from your brothers burban try out the tps and coil.
Fourth thing I would do is replace the coolant temp sensor that was a common problem with these trucks.
try these out let me know I personally think its the tps or coolant temp sensor I know you replaced the tps but still u never know. my problem was the tps. I would also throw some seafoam in there to clean out the fuel system. Try it out

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
How many tanks of gas have you gone through? Possible that you have water in the one your on?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Alrighty guys, new CTS didn't help, but I'm glad to have the old, broken one out. Here's an updated list of what I've replaced so far:

-ESC module
-MAP sensor
-EGR solenoid
-Cleaned EGR valve and IAC
-New CTS
-Completely rebuilt TB and FPR
-New plugs wires (twice)
-Cap and rotor
-Fuel pump relay
-New vacuum lines
-Checked all fuses (you never know)
-Tested compression
-New pickup coil
-Checked timing with EST disconnected (right smack on 0*, no fluctuating either)

Also, when i ran the snap-on scanner, IIRC, it never changed the "loop". I didn't know what it meant at the time so i just brushed it off.

I guess I'll have to suck it up and test the fuel pressure. It seems to be running worse and worse every day.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
This is what I would do.
Get brake cleaner and spray around the intake manifold and see if idle changes if it does you have a vac leak and need to the the intake gaskets.
Clean the iacv with brake cleaner it's fairly easy to remove
3rd from your brothers burban try out the tps and coil.
Fourth thing I would do is replace the coolant temp sensor that was a common problem with these trucks.
try these out let me know I personally think its the tps or coolant temp sensor I know you replaced the tps but still u never know. my problem was the tps. I would also throw some seafoam in there to clean out the fuel system. Try it out

TPS is brand new, so is the coil. EGR valve and IAC were both thoroughly cleaned with brake cleaner (I was careful not to get cleaner inside the IAC where it plugs into the harness)

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Make us a video if how it runs. How is the injectors spraying? It should be a smooth cone shape.
I'm trying to think after all the research I did with my truck sorry I feel you man. O! And the tps is new but have u tried a different one Cause I know aftermarket sensors suck. Like I say try the one from your brothers burban Might as well lol so I won't keep buggin you bout it.