ignition modules and pickup coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep davis unified is pretty cool. Really cool that your brother beat em to it too.

The reason i am going with an HEI fired mopar distributor, is many reasons. i want the punch of an HEI, but i do not want to modify the firewall for a bigger distributor, and i wanted it to appear like stock 1967 points.

Mopar electronic is essentially a points type distributor that they modified for a trigger wheel. Even the cap and rotor is the same from points to electronic on these.

HEI needs to be close to the dist for a good signal, This is also why i hid the module under the distributor. Also i already had the distributor and most of the pieces except for the HEI module.

And last but not least i really know a lot about tuning and modifying mopar dizzys. I just added the HEI knowledge to it. Theres lots more out there for them now.

Additionally I hollowed out and turned a ballast resistor into a straight through jumper wire since it needs 12v. This way the firewall will appear stock and correct with a "ballast" mounted to it LOL.

I am making a stock appearing sleeper. With a stock appearing 410 stroked 360

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I guess I will check my magnet, but I don't have a misfire. I have used rockauto a couple times, but I always have problems with them. I only feel comfortable ordering certain items from them. Anything that you 2 of like wheel bearing hubs I will never use them for again. I do like how they stock almost all acdelco parts I need at a good price. Also they lie about stuff like the 5% discount is only 4.7% or something last time I ordered. Terrible customer service also. Maybe you just got lucky with your duralast items lol. That's a cool set up in those pics. I get lucky at my local JY, we get those people who pick the hell out of the GM's also, I just ask them what going out in the yard soon and get lucky sometimes.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi SkyHighColorado,

Thanks for the kudos on my pix. I have some trick stuff i have done to my truck as well. Being its a 94, the power window and lock switches were not backlit, i modified and backlit the switches, added backlighting to the door pockets, and backlit the inner door pull cutouts as well. Everything is a nice green color, It all looks nice at night when the headlight switch is on, but not noticable during the day. I will likely post an article sometime on how to do this.

I completely understand about customer service, and if somethings not good, you want it refunded or replaced with a minimum of fuss, plus doing a job, and having to redo it because of a faulty part sucks too.

I will post up pix of the cardone dist timer assembly and thoroughly inspect it when i get it. I will also post about how well or not well it works.

I used to be a regular at my local boneyard years ago. I used to know what was coming in, had first dibs. Got married, instant dad to 3, new dad to 1. Very hard to find enough time do things i need to get done now, much less things i want to get done.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Hi SkyHighColorado,

Thanks for the kudos on my pix. I have some trick stuff i have done to my truck as well. Being its a 94, the power window and lock switches were not backlit, i modified and backlit the switches, added backlighting to the door pockets, and backlit the inner door pull cutouts as well. Everything is a nice green color, It all looks nice at night when the headlight switch is on, but not noticable during the day. I will likely post an article sometime on how to do this.

I completely understand about customer service, and if somethings not good, you want it refunded or replaced with a minimum of fuss, plus doing a job, and having to redo it because of a faulty part sucks too.

I will post up pix of the cardone dist timer assembly and thoroughly inspect it when i get it. I will also post about how well or not well it works.

I used to be a regular at my local boneyard years ago. I used to know what was coming in, had first dibs. Got married, instant dad to 3, new dad to 1. Very hard to find enough time do things i need to get done now, much less things i want to get done.

sounds cool, I have a 94 also.
I just got started on doing some interior things about 2 weeks ago. I found some nice tan cloth buckets and did white led's in the cluster and got a console with the lid indent on it so stuff doesn't roll off. rewired all kinds of things under the dash properly. Still need to get in the doors and sort all that out. I have a compass temp mirror to install and that's about it.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figure i would post a pic of my overhead console. Its not a GMT400 console, its out of an 87 chrysler turbo new yorker. i like the looks of it better than the GMT ones, and installed it 15 years ago. Think it fits the look of my squared off dash and it has a compass / temp setup in it. I also made a custom aftermarket gage mount for 2 gages to fit them where the stock stereo was. I used the useless GM dash pocket that goes in place of the stock stereo. Its what i modded for a pair VDO 2&1/16" gages.

I picked up a passenger side inboard bucket seat riser and cable from my boneyard for $6. My truck is a 60/40 bench setup, so the rest of the risers in the truck will make up the remainder for a bucket seat conversion. Now i just got to find the seats.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That does fit nice. I will keep an eye out for one in the jy

You have to file a bit of the plastic to make if fit the roof contour in the front. I used the double wall roof of the cab to drill and pop rivet the brackets in to mount it, i had to shorten the back of it to fit a std cab and get it recovered. Extended cab no problem. If you get one, dont forget the temp probe behind the grille. All it uses is an ign switched hot, ground, dimmer switched hot, and 2 wires out to the temp probe. I ran everything in the handy channel down the A pillar where cab light wiring could have been if it was a 1 ton.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my Cardone distributor late in the day today, and have not installed it yet, however I figured I'd report on it. Its a Cardone Select, not sure uow different this is from a regular A1 Cardone.

It looks to be the same design timer magnet assembly as the OEM with riveted magnet / reluctor however it appears to be put together with softer aluminum rivets as opposed to steel "hollowbuck" type rivets that are in the factory distributor. This may help prevent the magnet from cracking as the miles rack up.

It came with a mounting gasket, and the whole thing appears to be of all new construction like the verbage on the box says. The cap and rotor also appear to have brass contacts like my Accel cap and rotor do.

After i put it in, time the engine, and drive it around, i will report back on it. However $71.63 shipped to my door for a new construction distributor i think is pretty good.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Nice! :waytogo: I installed an A1 about a year ago but don't remember it looking as good as yours.Maybe mine wasn't the select.I still have the box,I should go look at it.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasnt sure what the difference was either. I figured, a couple bucks more for the select than the regular cardone, that it was going to come with a higher grade cap, rotor, and module, and still be a remanned unit. I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when i opened the box and saw what looked like a completely brand new distributor.

The other thing i noticed is a slight gap between the magnet and the distributor shaft. My OEM it looks like the magnet is pressed over the shaft. No gap between the two parts. I am betting the magnet fitting tightly over the dist shaft on the OEM GM contributes to its cracking and failure.

Last edited: