Ignition/Accessory wiring help needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Well I need some help on some wiring in my truck. I have a scanner and CB radio in my '98 1 ton. As of right now they're wired in direct to the trucks battery and need to be shut off manually. What I'd really like to do is rewire them into the ign/acc harness so when ever I shut my truck off completely the scanner and cb will too, and when I restart the truck or put the key in the accessory or on position the cb and scanner will turn on with the radio and such. Does anyone know where I can tap into the ignition to do this? My truck has 2 auxillary ports for a cell phone charger etc plus the cig lighter but I think there live all the time with the key on or off. Any help is greatly appreciated. Heres a pic of the truck in full crew cab long bed form! - Brad

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go into the fuse panel on drivers side of dash use a test light and see which are lit key on/not lit key off

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the radio on fuse. its number 24 I think in the fuse panel by the driver door. I have my subs on that because its the radio.. but the radio is acc and key on.