If You Could Do It All Over Again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What would you do differently? I don't know about you guys, but when I was in high school, I was all about the plstidip and clapped out redneck lookin trucks. (ie: grille guards, headache racks, full replacement bumpers, tons of lift, big beefy tires, etc...). Now I like the stock look. If I were to go buy a new truck, odds are, I'd keep it pretty much stock besides tint, exhaust, etc... I'm more into upgrading the truck to make it a more capable truck. Instead of a lift and huge tires, I prefer stock or slightly lifted with average size tires. Instead of the loud exhaust, I like a nice rumble, nice tone, and a little roar on the throttle. I'd rather focus on towing/hauling capabilities than "how many light bars can I put on this thing?". It's amazing how tastes change.

You must be registered for see images

This is what I started with.

This is the highschool phase

Now the college phase
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must be registered for see images attach

For me, I would have left the truck pretty much stock looking. I'd do a 3" bodylift, 6 lug swap with a C2500 LD axle and disc swap, stock sawblade wheels with 265 or 285s, Hidden hitch(or the tahoe/burb hitches; whichever ones tuck up with the bumper if you have a body lift), decent sounding muffler w/ stock tailpipe/relocated for the body lift, window tint, tonneau cover, LED interior, 60/40 split bench swap, z71 stickers :devilfinger:, 4 hi mod, 4 corner mod... I think that's about it. Oh maybe this paint scheme

I've realized how much money I've put into it over the years of owning this truck, all to find out that it was a waste. What I want now would have cost a fraction of what I have into it right now. Who's to say my tastes won't change again in a couple years?

Enough of my rambling. If you could do it all over again, start from scratch, what would you do differently?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Wouldn't have cranked the t bars to the moon on 31s. Wouldn't have re-cranked t bars after the wreck and front end rebuild #1. Wouldn't have stuffed 33s on a 15x10 -toofrigginmuch offset wheels. Wouldn't have had the trans rebuilt when I got rid of the thing 3 months later. All in all I'd do it again just with better judgement

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mistaake

Reaction score
I would have never sold my 96 Yukon and gone through half a dozen vehicles after that one... shoulda just had the tranny rebuilt when it died :/

on the Yukon I probably would have gone one tire size up and done a small body lift and put a nice stereo and left it like that!

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol I can understand where your comin from Scott(I think that's what your name is). I'm 21 almost owned my truck for a year. ive bought my truck just about as is haven't done much since I've had my purchase. But if it was a stock truck the only thing I would have done would be... 1) add different rims 18-17" aftermarket rims that would fit with whatever tire. 2)Entire new sound system because stock sound on these trucks blow. 3) And maybe a low profile tool box, window tint. 4) an led light bar on a headache rack or push bar. Since I live and drive on a lot of country off road crap were stock headlights don't show anything.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I never did anything that wasn't easily reversed. I went crazy with niteshade in high school. New lenses - easy fix. Stickers have always been on my truck but there was a while I just had too many. Not even close to some trucks but too many for my taste now. I guess I was just trying to work with what I had for a long time.

Overall I probably wouldn't do anything different. I did the 3" body lift about 5yrs ago and threw 33s on, which was good at the time, but I always wanted to throw a kit under it. I finally got to do it this year. So basically I had about a decade of thinking/dreaming about doing it, that's a lot of time to have a mind change and now I'm very happy with it the way it is. I never leave things alone for too long though, but the recent lift and whatnot is all the big upgrade that's gonna happen for a while.

EDIT: The one regret I do have is not holding out for 14 bolt axles to throw under it. I paid to have the 10bolts re-geared... REALLY? Who re-gears 10bolt axles planning on running 37s? That's my one regret right now.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah, i'd probably wouldn't have put the wing and scoop on my 72 Chevelle back in highschool. My only defense is that Fast and Furious had just come out! I do miss that thing.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Woulda done more maintenance when I first got it. Replace and rebuild parts, all that wonderful stuff.

23X,*** miles on all original parts when I first got it, and now things are starting to go on it at 245,870, and if I woulda gone through and replaced the little stuff like hoses and caught some of the leaks and whatnot, I wouldn't be dealing with this nickel and dime **** all the time now.
Can't drive the damn thing without blowing out a hose, or something else breaking.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Frickin' thing is clean though. Ever since mine started rusting out I'm like obsessed with clean doors, haha.

It's not as clean as it looks :Big Laugh:
A shitton of scratches in the paint, surface rust on the roof, clear coat and paint faded so it looks like ass on the hood; no severe rust though; coming from the Midwest I love Southern trucks, no rust....just a lot of them are ragged out hunks of **** now.
Damn kids and their bald ass Nittos and Toyos, ****** Amazon light bars, over-cranking and lack of blocks in the rear.