Idler pulley issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon316

Reaction score
Hey guys new here. Have a 1988 1500 with the 350 tbi engine. I recently had it rebuilt. Replaced the tensioner and the belt as well as fan clutch. Moving the truck around it’s been running great. By moving I mean to body shop and other shops. But now that it’s done and I’m driving it, it has built up the squeal. I pin pointed it to the idler pulley under the ac compressor. So I went ahead and replaced it yesterday afternoon. Cranked truck up, no noise, drove it to grocery store, all good! What a relief. Till this morning at 5am heading to work, it was back! Not as bad as before and well halfway to work it started getting better and better. It’s a brand new pulley I don’t understand. I just drove it home from work and removed it and noise was gone. But I don’t see how it’ll perform if I remove it although I did delete the air pump. Not sure how to post videos here but I’ll provide some pictures now. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Old pulley
You must be registered for see images attach

New pulley with the old components

I did see some online that have a spacer bushing thing that goes in front, could that be it? Or that’s just to replace the big washer looking one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk