Ideas for a workspace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I am trying to figure an idea for a workspace and was thinking someone may be in same dilemma I am in. I have been making my truck the truck of my dreams and have fixed the majority of the smaller issues so far. The next project before anything else comes workspace.

I live in an apartment complex, so having a covered area with a garage to store my tools is out of the question. I was able to persuade my parents to let me build a small area in the backyard for my work area for my truck. For some unknown reason, they are against having any concrete poured, but are ok if I used pavers for the base. Im buying a metal shed next week to store my tools and air compressor in from home depot. The game plan is to either buy or build a car port, maybe (20x10x10) and have this in front of the shed door so I can run my air hose from the shed to my work area right in front of it.

With the pavers I know I wont be able to have a lift or anything like that, but at least I can have a covered area with a hard surface to use a floor jack or a creeper when needed for light mechanical work and body work. Is anyone running a similar setup to this that may have some pictures? I am also open to suggestions on past experience with this.

When I am able to purchase my own house and property, I do plan on having a nice garage or shop with all of the goodies inside. Thanks in advance

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I run something similar. I live in a trailer park and i pretty much made a pop out car port for my shed. Only mine is way less work, i use sheets of osb for a solid place for my jack then for sides i have a frame built out of 1x1x3/16 tube steel on some skis i built out of 1x5 flat stock so all i gotta do is pull it forward and throw my tarp over it. Every demisnion is 1" over what my shed is so it just sides out when i need it and its not in the way when i mow. Im happy with it but I'll definatly have a garage when my credit gets goos enough for a mortgage.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of being able to move it back and forth. I may use somthing similar.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea. Its super easy to build, pretty much just a frame for a tarp and nice to be able to move it around easliy for mowing and such