ID this plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it helps, but I used this one on my 98 K1500 with belly leaker compressor. I don’t know what the setpoint is, though.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIU the blue switch is the same standard. Maybe OP just got a bad one? Not that that's EVER happened before!

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to verify it’s the switch, put a continuity tester or ohm meter on the two pins of the switch. It should be a normally closed switch. If it’s closed when the system is off then it’s doing its job and you have a blockage somewhere causing high pressure. If it’s normally open then you either got a bad switch or the wrong one.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations, but will be the weekend again before I can get back to it. I've forgotten already what color the switch is, but I know there are 3 or 4 different ones. I fortunately got the one that fit my plug.

I did some reading last night, and looks like another possible cause of it not running, is it's low on refrigerent, and needs a vaccum put on it. I don't have a way of doing that, so going to have to find somebody that can, and get it charged up.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jumping the high pressure switch alone in the pump shouldn’t make it run. Which switch are you jumping to make it come on?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Jumping the high pressure switch alone in the pump shouldn’t make it run. Which switch are you jumping to make it come on?
Didn't jump the switch, I jumped the plug that goes to the switch.