ID this plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the one you need.

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About the 5:00 mark, the guy swaps the switch out. Not much to it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s funny. Doing mine today. Have a short or something. 103 yesterday. Need some cool air.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. But since I’m replacing mine I do have a question today while people are on here that know what they’re talking about that part. I do need to have my AC evacuated before I replace this correct?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a high pressure switch for Max a/c and a higher blower speed.
A 1-wire switch was for that in earlier years trucks that didn't have the "Max A/C" button on the control panel. Later models used the 2-wire switches for high pressure cut off and were wired in series with the low pressure (cycling) switch. Here's a schematic from a 98 C/K Service Manual (Vol 1) where it shows them.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Got a brand switch installed into the back of the compressor, and plugged in the plug that started this thread. Compressor still doesn't run, but will if I jump the plug. What could be the issue now? This is annoying. Just glad this is not my daily driver, too freaking hot for this crap.