i need your input!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well the radio in the '93 took a dump so im going to upgrade. im going to use the relocation kit that junks the cassette player and get a nice stereo in its place. What radio can i get for around $100 bucks that's good? and for speaker upgrades, what should i get?? i got a limited budget as well. any input is good!!

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What all do you want the radio to do? Do you want something that comtrols an Ipod?

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
nothing with ipods, don't have any, i was looking at a nice kenwood with a usb port on it but it could only read up to 3 gigs of memory for some reason.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really comes down to personal preference as far as a Head Unit goes. Any good reputable brand is a good choice, Sony, Pioneer, Alpine, etc. Sony makes some really decent head units in the $100 price range. I would suggest trying to find the dash kit that has you clearance the cassette hole and install the adapter piece to retain use of the original bezel. The aftermarket ones tend to have problems with vents and fitment in general.

As for speakers, we would really need to know how much you want to spend. There are several great options out there for speakers, it just comes down to how much your willing to pay and how you would like your system to perform. Keep in mind that any 4X6 speaker isn't going to be GREAT by nature of the design, but 4X6's that perform pretty damn good are out there!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really comes down to personal preference as far as a Head Unit goes. Any good reputable brand is a good choice, Sony, Pioneer, Alpine, etc. Sony makes some really decent head units in the $100 price range. I would suggest trying to find the dash kit that has you clearance the cassette hole and install the adapter piece to retain use of the original bezel. The aftermarket ones tend to have problems with vents and fitment in general.

As for speakers, we would really need to know how much you want to spend. There are several great options out there for speakers, it just comes down to how much your willing to pay and how you would like your system to perform. Keep in mind that any 4X6 speaker isn't going to be GREAT by nature of the design, but 4X6's that perform pretty damn good are out there!
Couldn't have said it better myself ...

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stick with a name brand they all have something right around your price range

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Walmart, AutoZone, and Advanced Auto Parts ... places like that usually has great "replacement" drivers for decent prices ... Like Pioneer, Sony, JVC, and some of those Pile Driver brands sound really decent ... Just have to shop around