I Need A Good High Quality Recommendation For A High Output Alternator..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys the title says it all, i have HIDs, 1300watt stereo, E-fan for the radiator, and eventually im going to add some sort of light bar to the truck (eventually) and i need a good solid recommendation for an alternator. Keep in mind i have a 93 4.3l. Whats out there? I know affordable power isnt really a thing but i have a $500 budget.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know affordable power isnt really a thing

This is all too true unfortunately. If I were you I'd add another $100 onto your budget and go for this thing, though.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Chevrolet~CK~1993~4.3L-V6/7861-270-xp.html

DC Power Inc has been one of the best alternator builders around for a while. As soon as it hits the top of the priority list I'll be buying one of their 300A+ options for my red truck.

Alternatively, if you really need to keep the parts cost under $500, here's an option from Mechman.

http://www.mechman.com/alternators/chevrolet/astro/4-3l/1987-1995/g-series-270a-alternator-replaces-left-mount-cs130/

They're also a very good company from what I've heard. My preference would be the DC Power Inc model mainly because they have far more detailed ratings posted. Especially in regards to idle amperage, which is where you will need it the most with that many accessories.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Feedback seems to vary from person to person honestly. I've heard some bad things about Iraggi in the past (which is why I didn't bother linking to them) but apparently they've improved. People have even said bad things about DC's customer service on YouTube. I think when you're in such a niche market and the probability for user error is so high it's just hard to maintain a 100% satisfaction rate. I'm sure any of the companies mentioned here would probably be a fine choice.