Hydrulic hood supports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheeler454

Reaction score
Wanting to replace the factory hood spring with some hydrulic struts on my 97 suburban. Why is this so hard to find a kit to do this anywhere. I just want to get rid of the noisey crappy spring. I never like them things.
Has no one decided to do this before, seems a little odd that I can not seem to find this.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen at least 3 different companies… they were all about 3-$500 for the sets. I don’t remember off hand who made them or where I saw them. They are hard to locate though, I just remember seeing them while looking at other parts, probably billet stuff.

Wheeler454

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Thanks Orpedcrow. You have been a lot of help. Been busy finishing my 97 burb. Almost have it back on the road. Just have a few minor things to adjust after the 6" lift kit. Then I'll be moving on to the minor body items I want to add. The hood struts being one of them....

Thanks again

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries :cheers:

Start a build thread if you haven’t and let us know the route you decide to go.

Wheeler454

Reaction score
I might do that. Always wanted a OBS truck. Just happen to get the k2500 burn at a good price. Love working on cars, but this thing is a beast. Everything takes a little more time and is a lot heavier. But I'll try and stay in touch. Still have the whole interior I want to fix....