Hydroboost steering not working correctly at low rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No..i was told it didnt make a difference...i guess its supposed to be done in the air?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That's how I've done it. Jack up the front end and turn the wheel to the left. Pull the reservoir cover off and have someone keep an eye on the fluid level to see if you get any bubbles. Turn the wheel from full lock left to full lock right at least 20 times (I might double that if I was having your problem). See if that fixes it. These systems are "self bleeding", but I've heard of problems after changing components.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright...the guy at O'reillys told me to just turn the wheel and push the brakes....but then again these are the same people.who asked me if i cummins swapped my truck since its a diesel, as if cummins are the only diesels there are...and idk how they thought it sounded like a cummins :shrug:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk now Free

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I am having the same problem after replacing my steering box. Steering is hard as **** while truck is sitting still, but fine when I rolling. Going to try bleeding it after work.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo! now Free

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Like jolly green said: jack up the front, it makes it easier. Take the cap off the p.s. reservoir and turn the wheel side to side.

Sent from ®obland

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Alright...the guy at O'reillys told me to just turn the wheel and push the brakes....but then again these are the same people.who asked me if i cummins swapped my truck since its a diesel, as if cummins are the only diesels there are...and idk how they thought it sounded like a cummins :shrug:

If dumb was dirt, those guys could cover an acre.

I am having the same problem after replacing my steering box. Steering is hard as **** while truck is sitting still, but fine when I rolling. Going to try bleeding it after work.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo! now Free

I forgot to mention that this should be done with the engine OFF.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so i jack up the front, take the cap off the PS pump, turn the key on but dont start it and turn the wheels side to side?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Okay so i jack up the front, take the cap off the PS pump, turn the key on but dont start it and turn the wheels side to side?

Jackstands, jackstands, jackstands!!!!!

Not on a floor jack. If it falls off you're usually looking at serious damage...