Hydroboost steering not working correctly at low rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Just sat in my truck for an hour straight turning the wheel. 30 minutes of that was with the truck off, and the other was with the truck running. Throughout he entire process, i maybe added an inch of fluid to the reservoir. Put all 4 tires back on the ground, and she can hardly turn the wheels on the wet pavement. Im starting to think i have something worse than just air in the lines.

Agreed! It shouldn't take that long. Do you have brakes?

Sent from ®obland

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Agreed! It shouldn't take that long. Do you have brakes?

Sent from ®obland

Barely. While i was bleeding, i would occassionally pump the brake pedal, and whenever i would do so, the steering would get much stiffer. The brake pedal would go almost all the way to the floor even during the bleeding process.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Yes I do. But the ABS light has always been on since I have owned the truck. I was reading something that the ABS may need to be bled.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo!

yes you may have to crack the fittings at the abs unit.

Sent from ®obland

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Yeah I think im just calling a shop in the morning and having them picking it up. I cannot go another week driving this darn Grand Am. I need my manhood back.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo!

a1953mdl

Reaction score
Would you update this thread and let us know if the shop fixed and what they did?