Hydro Dipping Ideas/ Custom Painted interior & Exterior Ideas/Powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
LOL ok so the best way is to youtube it. But basically:
You have your part that you want dipped. . Prep it as normal (sand, prime/paint). Hydrographic film kind of feels and looks like window tint, its is a pattern printed on a very thin plastic film. Most dippers have a specialized tank but we started out using just a water trough (tub). You fill it full with water (has to be certain temperature) Cut off a piece of film big enough for the part you are dipping. Tape off the edges, slit the corners to allow for stretching. It sets on top of the water for 1 minute, the plastic film is now more of a gel/liquid. You spray a specific activator on it, this kind of dissolves the plastic part of the film, but leaves the ink floating on top of the water. You then dip your prepped part into it...and hope that it wrapped nicely haha...then you rinse it for about three minutes and wait for it to dry and you can clear it! This will all make sence when you watch a video on it haha

Thanks tiff! I didnt youtube it, but it can see how it works! Thats pretty neat!!! again, i would love to do my new RAM chrome peices... but it would cost me and arm and a leg just to ship my stuff... plus your rates... hmmm.... lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Hydro Dipping Ideas/ Custom Painted interior & Exterior Ideas/Powder coating

Tiff, she likes that one with the carbon fiber, an the pink stripes an cross. What would it cost to copy that one?

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
HA thats awesome! i like the **** purple LOL this is something i been wanting to try it looks so fun!!

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
So what part exactly would you want dipped? And the carpet would probably have to be removed..the part you did is fully submerged in water and those chemicals are in the water as well as floating pieces of the extra film.. we could mask it but more than likely water is going to get in there..

Like this, Digital Desert Camo
You must be registered for see images attach

sniper7202

Reaction score
I have heard about this Hydro Dipping and have been wanting to learn it. I do fabric coverings but they just keep pealing up or the spray adhesive stops working.

This is my friends door panel before...

this is the finished product. I think it would have looked better with the hydro dip but do sent look to bad with the fabric.

this is my dads truck I did. All u can see and I also did the head liner, a-pillers, the plastic around the back window on the extended cab

Ben

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
I have heard about this Hydro Dipping and have been wanting to learn it. I do fabric coverings but they just keep pealing up or the spray adhesive stops working.

This is my friends door panel before...

this is the finished product. I think it would have looked better with the hydro dip but do sent look to bad with the fabric.

this is my dads truck I did. All u can see and I also did the head liner, a-pillers, the plastic around the back window on the extended cab

Ben
That is way cool! Noone up here uses the fabric ..mostly cuz I don't think anyone know how to lol but looks great!

sniper7202

Reaction score
Lol thanks. Does the dip fade if its in the sun. I found out with my dads that the fabric fades in the sun.

Ben