HVAC Led Swap A/C not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced the 6 bulbs in the HVAC unit. All worked except the recirculate button. I did not notice until I was putting the HVAC back that I had broken the tabs. I pushed it back best I could. Later, I discovered the A/C is not working. On full blast, the A/C barely comes out of all the vents and mainly comes out in the middle of the truck at my feet, no matter what blow setting it is on. I do not know what happened. Could the broken tabs on the unit have caused this?
Any help would be appreciated.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is doing this exact same thing both tabs that hold it in are broke and the air only blows on my feet mostly in the middle. My A/c works but the recirc button stays on if the a/c is on.

There's a connector on the back second from the left that seems messed up and had zip ties on it not sure if related to the problem. I bought the truck like that.

Really hoping someone already has found the fix to the problem before I spend $120 for a replacement from rock auto.