HVAC 15-72267 to replace 15-72266

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by Matthew Conley, Jan 2, 2020.

1. landin1967

landin1967 Newbie

I'm not finding this seller on ebay. Do you have a link to it?

2. commstar

commstar Newbie

Gents (and anyone else),
    Cleaning and lubing the fan control switch worked for me. 15 minute time factor.

I had no action, fan or otherwise, from the fan control knob. Searching revealed this thread.
    additional searching revealed the below YT video.

Disassembling and cleaning the fan switch with QD electronic contact cleaner, and
    lubing with some dielectric grease, has positively resolved all my symptoms.

It has only been an hour, and time will tell, but it beat spending the $754 some cat wants on eBay for a new one.

LIMFACS: The plastic on my control panel is super brittle, be gentle. I used dental picks to ease the switch apart and a brass brush to abrade the contacts.

I have not researched, but wondering if substituting fan control switches between these years is an answer in alot of cases, i suspect yes.

Credit where due: Thank you to youtube's Jim/1Road for the inspiration.

3. someotherguy

someotherguy I'm Awesome

A brand new fan switch alone is under $20 if that is all that is wrong with someone's A/C controls.

The controls are otherwise known as a very weak point in these trucks, and the 1996-up controls can be swapped in place of a 1995 using the adapter harness (the point of this thread), no need to pay some price gouger $750+ because they have a remaining new original 1995 control.

Richard

4. commstar

commstar Newbie

Seems like a good start point that would prevent someone (not me) from the $754 solution. Just trying to shed some light on what worked here and I did not see much in the way of the actual root cause in the thread.

Anyway, have a good one, just trying to pay it forward, friend.

Thank you to all for a very nice forum.

5. motormischiefandfire

motormischiefandfire Newbie

The diagrams i saw dont seem to be working for me, this is the wire i have could anyone help me out? Trying to put a vortec switch in a 95[​IMG]

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk