HVAC 15-72267 to replace 15-72266

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1995 with a bad 15-72266 HVAC board. (Has the rear defogger button). When I purchased the truck the original rear glass had been replaced with a slider. The fuse block has a 30 AMP fuse where this truck could have had a defogger. Since i dont have it any more, anyone know if i can replace it with the 15-72267 board (no rear defogger) and eliminate that circuit? Thank you.

I have looked around for the old defogger lines to the rear window and cannot find those either. I had the pillars out to replace the speakers and did not find anything. If anyone has a picture of the defogger in place that would be helpful also. Thank you.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely...and to be clear, both part #'s are actually 1996-up units with an adapter harness to attach to your 1995 which has otherwise uses a one-year-only design that sucked even worse.

Richard

Reaction score
Absolutely...and to be clear, both part #'s are actually 1996-up units with an adapter harness to attach to your 1995 which has otherwise uses a one-year-only design that sucked even worse.

Richard

You are correct, what is in there is the old style board. I am not sure if it was original to this truck. Thank you for the reply.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
For folks still chasing this. If you have a 95 and need an AC board. You have a couple of options. You can still buy ACDelco 15-72266, which LOOKS like the 96 board ACDelco 15-72547. Has a harness and a defogger circuit. I did, from Rock Auto 1/6/2020.

ACDelco 15-72266 (AC, RD, 95 Harness, ACDelco 15-72266, (Aftermarket) Dorman 599-006 - All appear to be the same part, 15-72266 includes the harness.)
ACDelco 15-72267 (AC, 95 Harness), ACDelco 15-72548, (Aftermarket) Dorman 599-007 - All appear to be the same part, 15-72267 includes the no defogger with AC harness for 95.)

It appears that ACDelco 15-72267 (AC, 95 Harness) is no longer made. This harness or part is the holy grail.
It appears no one has a "copy" of what the harness should look like or how its mapped.

This link below breaks down the blower connection and the AC connection. This is the only article I could find with a breakdown of what needs to happen.

https://www.silveradosierra.com/how...k-series-trucks-hvac-control-unit-t77522.html

I am going to validate that unplugging the defogger connection to that board does not impact it working. If it does you could buy the 15-72266 one time for the harness and when the board fails again, just replace the controller portion with your favorite number and use your very expensive harness. :)

It appears that with the correct connectors scavenged from a 96+ truck you could build your own harness.

I am going to map out my harness for folks with defogger. Then I will try and map out what a harness would look like and build one without the defogger (which is what i really want) to see if I can make it easier for folks to buy one of the available part numbers and plug in your harness.

My truck does not have the the RPO code C49 which is the defogger. It has the C60 for AC. That thew me as it looks like my truck has the front part of that defogger circuit (30AMP breaker under hood, all pins in the two dash connectors etc) but no wiring to the rear window that I could find. There was a picked part in the truck from an original 95 something with defogger when I purchased it. So I chased my tail a little bit until I understood the RPO codes.

I am hoping that just unplugging the defogger and basically eliminating those wires the harness is the only thing required for AC no defog. Because the harness is in my possession, I can easily map it and post the results. Then it will be easy to create a build instruction for folks to create their own harness. (It seemed to be fine to have them plugged into my truck before it failed. I replaced the radio and bet I shook loose whatever was holding that board together.)

Hope this helps. I will update any error and change the date so it might be easier to reference.
Thank you.

--------------------------------------------
1/13/2020
Harness Trace for AC Delco 15-72266

Last edited:
Reaction score
Images of 15-72267 to help map out connections.

Last edited:

Ghost350

Reaction score
As of April 3, 2020, Both ACDelco p/n for the 95' Control panel with the adapter harness have been discontinued. So unless you can get lucky and find one with the harness in the junkyard, you'll have to make your own harness.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear in a similar thread, someone posted they had scored the harness by itself, brand new. I'll try to look it up.

Richard

PoDuck

Reaction score
Well, I am looking at trying to adapt this control, pulled from a 1998 Suburban, to a 95 Tahoe. It appears that the wire going to pin 7 on the gray connector is missing. Apparently it is not connected on the '98, and according that site linked, that is normal, although it does say it is for Max AC 12 V on the little diagram.

Does anyone know what pin inserts work, and where to buy them for that bottom gray connector.

PoDuck

Reaction score
Okay, I didn't have time to wait for an answer, so I just went to the junk yard and bought another connector. Apparently some of these connectors have 8 wires, and some have 9. Anyway, I wired it as per the diagram above, and it works perfectly. On top of that, using the male connectors that were on the old '95 Tahoe controls allowed me to make an adapter that can be unplugged and reused. I didn't need to splice the original harness.

Thank you very much for the info.

Keith Kunze

Reaction score
For folks still chasing this. If you have a 95 and need an AC board. You have a couple of options. You can still buy ACDelco 15-72266, which LOOKS like the 96 board ACDelco 15-72547. Has a harness and a defogger circuit. I did, from Rock Auto 1/6/2020.

ACDelco 15-72266 (AC, RD, 95 Harness, ACDelco 15-72266, (Aftermarket) Dorman 599-006 - All appear to be the same part, 15-72266 includes the harness.)
ACDelco 15-72267 (AC, 95 Harness), ACDelco 15-72548, (Aftermarket) Dorman 599-007 - All appear to be the same part, 15-72267 includes the no defogger with AC harness for 95.)

It appears that ACDelco 15-72267 (AC, 95 Harness) is no longer made. This harness or part is the holy grail.
It appears no one has a "copy" of what the harness should look like or how its mapped.

This link below breaks down the blower connection and the AC connection. This is the only article I could find with a breakdown of what needs to happen.

https://www.silveradosierra.com/how...k-series-trucks-hvac-control-unit-t77522.html

I am going to validate that unplugging the defogger connection to that board does not impact it working. If it does you could buy the 15-72266 one time for the harness and when the board fails again, just replace the controller portion with your favorite number and use your very expensive harness. :)

It appears that with the correct connectors scavenged from a 96+ truck you could build your own harness.

I am going to map out my harness for folks with defogger. Then I will try and map out what a harness would look like and build one without the defogger (which is what i really want) to see if I can make it easier for folks to buy one of the available part numbers and plug in your harness.

My truck does not have the the RPO code C49 which is the defogger. It has the C60 for AC. That thew me as it looks like my truck has the front part of that defogger circuit (30AMP breaker under hood, all pins in the two dash connectors etc) but no wiring to the rear window that I could find. There was a picked part in the truck from an original 95 something with defogger when I purchased it. So I chased my tail a little bit until I understood the RPO codes.

I am hoping that just unplugging the defogger and basically eliminating those wires the harness is the only thing required for AC no defog. Because the harness is in my possession, I can easily map it and post the results. Then it will be easy to create a build instruction for folks to create their own harness. (It seemed to be fine to have them plugged into my truck before it failed. I replaced the radio and bet I shook loose whatever was holding that board together.)

Hope this helps. I will update any error and change the date so it might be easier to reference.
Thank you.

--------------------------------------------
1/13/2020
Harness Trace for AC Delco 15-72266
Where can I find the connectors that hook to the back of the unit itself to make a harness? Thanks in advance.