Hub Bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay1039

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Chevy k1500 that I've had for about 5years now and for about the last year and a half I 've changed my hub bearings on the driverside 2 times and going for the third. My tire size is LT315/75R16 can someone point me in the right direction.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
happened to by dads burban he replaced the hub and a year later it was howling again. happened because when he changed it the first time he did not torque the axle nut enough so it backed off and starting putting all sorts of extra stress on the hub. the axle and the nut are what holds the hub assembly together so make sure it torqued down to spec. other then that idk what else it could be.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you are buying them at advance or auto zone you are getting junk from off shore

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Timken from Amazon, no reason to buy anything else, made in the USA and are 126 a side plus free shipping and tax

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NAPA is 123 and local. If you have a problem later it's easier to swap than ship back.
And you are putting money into your local economy.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are putting it into NAPA Corporate, not your local economy, plus is that bearing made in the USA?

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
You are putting it into NAPA Corporate, not your local economy, plus is that bearing made in the USA?

1. All the NAPA stores I've ever been around (and my dad has been in parts for 40 years, so I've been around a lot of them) were privately owned. And even if it weren't, you're still supporting the people that work at the store, not some people at Amazon. Actually, scratch that. If you buy from Amazon, you're supporting MY local economy.

2. Who cares if its made in the USA? Our robots can screw up a hub bearing just as well as Chinese robots can.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1. All the NAPA stores I've ever been around (and my dad has been in parts for 40 years, so I've been around a lot of them) were privately owned. And even if it weren't, you're still supporting the people that work at the store, not some people at Amazon. Actually, scratch that. If you buy from Amazon, you're supporting MY local economy.

2. Who cares if its made in the USA? Our robots can screw up a hub bearing just as well as Chinese robots can.

I care because I would rather support an American plant and industry, not a bunch of Chinese people low balling bids, how are you doing any better by buying a Chinese part at a parts store and say well I am supporting the local economy when you are not supporting a American maker, I am giving Amazon people business which is in America and also Timken Bearings which is American.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My local NAPA is privately owned. I've been dealing with the guys there for 27 years.
Local pickup and I've never had a problem getting incorrect parts or warranty replacements.
(1 defective part in 27 years is pretty good quality if you ask me)
That's worth a lot to me.