How to make a/c to blow faster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the summer months about to roll on us I'm wondering if there is a way to make the blower motor blow air faster. My a/c produces cold air but just doesn't blow it fast enough. Luckily I was driving a NBS around for work and the a/c in that truck was hard to beat.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
There is a thread or 2 here about cleaning the cold air rad thing, pretty simple.. take out the blower motor, reach in the hole up and to the left and there it is, clean with warm soapy water. I tried this and there wasent much inprovement at all, others have reported good results though. not sure if there is an upgraded blower available or not.. something to look into though.

Galen DreVahn

Reaction score
I used Evap Cooler cleaner from Home Depot, helped remove about 10 years of dust and pine needles. Fair improvement.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
What about if your truck has had it removed, i dont have anything for it no more.. what does it take to put it back in?

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wonder if the blower motor from the newer truck would fit in. May have different RPM's on it. I did this once with a 78 caprice...Made a huge difference.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
What about if your truck has had it removed, i dont have anything for it no more.. what does it take to put it back in?

putting the whole a/c system in would be a costly adventure and a real pain. you need compressor, condensor, evaperator, core, low pressure and high pressure lines, and hope that nothing leaks when your done. I just spent 500$ getting mine fixed..