How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
They are 01-02 Denali and 02 Escalade only options so they are somewhat hard to find. I have never heard one installed on a GMT400 so I don't know how compatible they are. It has way more options than the S-10 style trip computer, but it does lack compass and temp. I do know the range and fuel used functions would likely not work since GMT400 trucks have no fuel sender input to the PCM. They also do not directly fit in the overhead console, i had to modify mine a good deal to get it there.

Here is the wiring diagram for a denali/escalade DIC
You must be registered for see images attach

blortz

Reaction score
sooo... i went to the junk yard today and got the proper DIC from a 98 blazer with the mode buttons and what not.... im looking at the directions and i dont know what color on the DIC harness i should splice into what on the radio harness... i get the light grn/blk go to the sensor, and yellow goes to the purple on the obd2 port..... but what about the other colors???? do i just match them up with the matching colors on the radio harness or what/?!?!?!?!

some advice would be great THANKS!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sooo... i went to the junk yard today and got the proper DIC from a 98 blazer with the mode buttons and what not.... im looking at the directions and i dont know what color on the DIC harness i should splice into what on the radio harness... i get the light grn/blk go to the sensor, and yellow goes to the purple on the obd2 port..... but what about the other colors???? do i just match them up with the matching colors on the radio harness or what/?!?!?!?!

some advice would be great THANKS!

The very first post in this thread lists the wire colors from the dic harness an the pin location they need to go to on the radio harness. Follow that an you will be fine, don't match colors though cause that won't work.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I passed on a perfect DIC sunday from a junked bravada. Now I'm regretting it after seeing this awesome thread... Dang!:banghead:

blortz

Reaction score
so i did the install and everything went well :) works like a charm! thanks for the great write up
one more question though

i also snagged a home link system from the same blazer and put it in my truck :) looks realll nice!
i know the 3 wires are power, ground and illumination... but does anyone know which colors are which???????
thanks!

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe when I did mine it was Orange (12v lead) Black (ground) and White (illumination)

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I have a factory overhead console in my '94CC and it has the flip down garage door opener spot with the button which does not work with either of my garage door openers, so last time I was at the JY I picked up a homelink controller for that spot from an escalade. It fits perfect in the spot where my current garage door opener is, but won't "clip" in on the rear like the original one so it just hangs down in the back. What is the best way to modify it to make it work.

Anyone done this?