How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How off is it would you say?

I average 350 miles to about 22 gals. Which is right at 16 mpg. The highest the display reads is 15.3 on the avg mpg.

Also the range is almost 100 miles off like I said earlier....

I assume the instant mpg feature reads low by almost 1 mpg also but I have no way too check that.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The distance goes down as the fuel level in the tank drops. S-Series have 19 gal tanks, so it is constantly reading low. After you get under 40 or 35 miles it just reads low. When it says that I still have over 100 miles left. There is no way that I know of to recalibrate it for those additional 7 gals...

I wouldn't rely on it to keep you from running out of gas. I still use my trip meter every fill up.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
My range works good, and mileage is very close, if not right on.. which is unfortuinately not quite 13mpg.
I'm wondering if anyone has the same setup/problem as me. I have a switch to turn off my abs/overdrive (hooked to the fuse in cab) I use this alot when towing lighter things, Problem is it freezes the data on my display when I do this?
Would this be the serial data or something with where my vss is hooked up?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I really need to get around to doing this on my 98, got everything sitting there to do it. Paul, any chance you could get ahold of one that is just temp/compass and a temp sensor for my '92?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really need to get around to doing this on my 98, got everything sitting there to do it. Paul, any chance you could get ahold of one that is just temp/compass and a temp sensor for my '92?

I have a couple at home i think..... i will check and text ya

Sent from somewhere in MN

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ok well after thinking about it I think I'd rather just have the temp/compass if the DIC is going to be off anyway. I wouldn't think any VSS input is needed, and I'd be fine with it being full illumination at all times, can't be too bright right?