How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blortz

Reaction score
So, I have a factory overhead console in my '94CC and it has the flip down garage door opener spot with the button which does not work with either of my garage door openers, so last time I was at the JY I picked up a homelink controller for that spot from an escalade. It fits perfect in the spot where my current garage door opener is, but won't "clip" in on the rear like the original one so it just hangs down in the back. What is the best way to modify it to make it work.

Anyone done this?

i do believe that they are all the same... but i could be wrong i snagged my homelink from the 99 blazer i got the dic from .... im assuming your truck and my 98 sierra have the same overhead console... so i dont see why it wouldnt work.. could be cause the escalade one is slightly different...good luck to yeah.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how do i hook up just the temp?,, my compass is in my mirror and i put one of these in my ohc,, and i just want to hook up the temp,,, i read at the begining of this that the whole thing does not work on diesel trucks,, but im hoping that it works for just the temp,,,,

i put the temp prong behind the grill and ran the wires up to inside the engine compartment,,, now what??,,

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Green wire on sensor runs to dic and connects to the wire of the same green color.
Ground the other one and run power to the dic. Temp and compass will work regardless of being gas or diesel.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Green wire on sensor runs to dic and connects to the wire of the same green color.
Ground the other one and run power to the dic. Temp and compass will work regardless of being gas or diesel.

good deal,,, thank you

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the one i snagged has, orange, green and purple with yellow stripe....
so where do the wires go now?????

I believe it is wired like this:

Orange = Hot (12v)

Green = Ground

Yel/Purple = Dash lights (illuminate the buttons at night)

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok,, so i ran the light green wire from the sensor to the light green wire on the dic,,, than i ran power to the dick and nothing happens,,, i guess my dic is broke,,, (lol)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
i have one of these in my truck it just doesn't work lol

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have u guys had success installing a DIC with the 411 swap..? Does it install the same as it would with a black box pcm..?

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
I dont have my 411 but I did read on here somewhere that the dic does work well with the 411. You about ready to get yours put in(411) ?? do you have a dic? do you need one?

Crewcab Steve.