How to access rear speakers for replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The side panels that the speakers are in over/under lap the back wall panels. Panels are clipped in so all you have to do is pull them out toward you.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I just folded the rear seat down and removed the side panels to get to them, you have to remove the plastic on the back wall of the cab also.

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced those when I threw dynamat in my cab... I remember thinking this would be a serious pain if I had not pulled the entire interior. So I was thinking that if I did have to dig in there again I thought maybe about cutting out around the speakers with a dremel and buying some aftermarket speaker grills to cover the speakers. This would also give you the ability to put some speakers in there with "ahem" big tweeters.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Does your truck have the 3rd door? I've seen someone who just cut a hole in the plastic panel and mounted some 6x9's on it with grilles. looked really clean and easier than pulling the seat and taking everything apart. If you do have a 3rd door there's only room for 5x7's though