How low does your mudflap go? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, how low?

Mine are a semi mudflap cut in half and hangs 3" off the ground:

You must be registered for see images attach

Goes right up into the wheel well for maximum protection:

You must be registered for see images attach

Tested 'em by hammering some puddles and a few muddy spots and not a lick hit the bodywork or underbelly behind the flaps. It's a pavement pounder/trailer hauler so that's good enuff!

Best 20 bucks I ever spent for mudflaps.

Currently working on rear flaps of the same type but they'll be 4-6" off the ground.

Most things you read say 6" off the ground for the front so they don't catch when backing up, but that's just not enough coverage for me.

Also working on flap weights and a small cable to prevent them from swinging forward and getting into the tire. Fabbing up my own weights and doing a little custom bracket deal to hold the cables plus hold a little bit of extra protection for the underside of the rockers. Anti-sail brackets aren't what I'm looking for and wouldn't fit my cut flaps anyways.

So what are you running?

:)

Last edited:

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not running any, Ive got some OEM molded ones that Im going to put on in the fall. Otherwise Im good in the summer.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
i used to hve some napa dually mudflaps that i trimmed to fit in my wheel well and the were about a inch from the ground i could sometimes see them scrape the ground i have recently removed them lol might get some CAT ones

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to remember you made/modified a mud flap for the receiver hitch to keep the rocks off your travel trailer when towing. Will these interfere with that?

I really need to find or make one of those for my truck. Even with the "fake" diamond plate rock guard on the trailer I still see small scratches/chips on the front and it's only a year old!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
someone sells one. I forget who :think:s

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember you made/modified a mud flap for the receiver hitch to keep the rocks off your travel trailer when towing. Will these interfere with that?

I really need to find or make one of those for my truck. Even with the "fake" diamond plate rock guard on the trailer I still see small scratches/chips on the front and it's only a year old!

I would just make one. Seems simple to make

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Don't make them too low then you risk ripping them off backing up over things.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Don't make them too low then you risk ripping them off backing up over things.

Thats what the cables are for, to prevent the flaps going forward and getting pinched between the tire and an object.

I don't back up over things anyways. Only concern is deep snow.