How fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathanhicks

Reaction score
This morning I was messing around to see if moon speedometer would go all the way around which it does and got back to 25 mph and it was still pulling hard but I let off. Now can't help wondering how fast it was really going. What do you guys think?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
85 and 25? I forget how much of a dead zone, if any, that there was on there. On my 88 C1500, the driveshaft would vibrate once you buried the speedo. It was a 3.42 truck with wrapped aluminum driveshaft, I guess that was its critical speed? But my 1500 in sig has never done that and I've been faster in it than the old 2wd. Of course, I had the driveshaft balanced locally when I did the 4L80 swap.

Jonathanhicks

Reaction score
Not that I condone it.....but have someone with a phone and run Google maps (navigating somewhere) while you are driving, that should tell you.
I drive a semi for a living you would surprised how fast some people drive. My truck truck tells my how fast the person in front going last week I got passed at 135mph in 55 zone

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TBI's go to Infinity and Beyond!

.....Or until a valve hits a piston at 5,501 rpm or wind resistance stops those 190 asthmatic over-the-hill Reindeer.
93+ have a fuel kill at 98 in the trucks and SUVs.