How does a 4l60e without a removable bellhousing affect dropping/reinstallation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coryforsenate

Reaction score
So, pretty much every video or set of instructions I've been able to find refers to the 4l60e style that has the removable bellhousing.

The plus is that I don't have to buy the special Torx 50+ bit and that's several reportedly very stuck bolts I don't have to undo. And no 12 o'clock bolt on the bellhousing where it bolts into the engine that people have trouble reaching.

The downside is that it's different from the transmission dropping videos/instructions I've been able to find And that all the rebuilding will have to be done with the bellhousing on. I can't imagine it's that much of a difference though.

In '96 they made 4l60e's with both removable and non-removable bellhousings, which is the year of my truck.

The video on the top of the page details the differences in the 4l60e styles so you can see what I'm talking about.
http://www.transmissionbench.com/4L60Evideos.html

coryforsenate

Reaction score