4l60e standalone 0411 control on a tbi 4.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikaelT

Reaction score
so I replaced a 700r4 with a 4l60e and got myself a complete harness with 0411 ecu from a 2002 blazer with a 4.3 and 4l60e as well. I have read the writeup from sloppy mechanic about this as well and so far I managed to get the tps to work just fine.

RPM is more complicated because the 88 tbi does not have a ckp sensor so right now the ecu does not have rpm signal, but all the wiring from the ecu to trans is all stock untouched harness so I will consider good for now.

apprently rpm is only needed for wot shift ? but looking at my scanner, the commanded gear is always at 3, if I down shift to 1 on the column shifter it command the 2nd gear only. I tried to follow the instruction as best as could for setting it up correctly in tunerpro first but I only have basic understanding of it.

looking for insight about what would keep it from going into 1st gear and what setting in tunerpro need to be modified to work, thx

Trlrider

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I replaced a 700r4 with a 4l60e and got myself a complete harness with 0411 ecu from a 2002 blazer with a 4.3 and 4l60e as well. I have read the writeup from sloppy mechanic about this as well and so far I managed to get the tps to work just fine.

RPM is more complicated because the 88 tbi does not have a ckp sensor so right now the ecu does not have rpm signal, but all the wiring from the ecu to trans is all stock untouched harness so I will consider good for now.

apprently rpm is only needed for wot shift ? but looking at my scanner, the commanded gear is always at 3, if I down shift to 1 on the column shifter it command the 2nd gear only. I tried to follow the instruction as best as could for setting it up correctly in tunerpro first but I only have basic understanding of it.

looking for insight about what would keep it from going into 1st gear and what setting in tunerpro need to be modified to work, thx
Watch this video to locate the wire to tap for a tach/rpm signal on a tbi engine. easier then me trying to explain it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Watch this video to locate the wire to tap for a tach/rpm signal on a tbi engine. easier then me trying to explain it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
you think a tach signal is same as a crank sensor signal?

OP, sounds like the transmission is in limp-home mode if it's stuck in 3rd. This may be a result from a wiring error or the PCM having fault codes. You will need to mount a crank sensor. All the shift tables are either based off of speed or rpm. I would get a timing cover for 96-2000 engine, the 4x crank wheel & sensor and mount it on your engine. You will then need to get a calibration that used a 4x crank signal such as an Express van.