How do you COOL your shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I open the garage door, let the trapped heat escape, i could leave it shut and open the door to the house but my garage lighting sucks

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
This is what I've got in my garage. Honestly, in the middle of the summer it can't keep up with my 800 sq ft (or smaller) garage. It isn't insulated so that has a lot to do with it. I've thought about cutting holes in the drywall and blowing insulation between the studs but I might not be in the house long enough to justify the cost.

http://www.amgair.com/topaz-tz-18a-portable-air-conditioner/

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I keep the Garage door open, Keeps it way cooler then having the doors shut. Even on wicked hot days its pretty cool inside since the sun only shines on the back or sides of it.

runnamukk

Reaction score
We had a 30+ year old wall mount AC unit that we salvaged from our first house. I hung that in a window for the last 12 years. The interior frame was so rusted the compressor fell into the fan! My wife just bought me a brand new 15K BTU window unit. Woot! (side benefit of developing a heart condition is that your wife really worries about you working in a hot shop)

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Look into the mini split AC units. They cool good and won't cause your electricity bill to rise very much. But you'll have to insulate the shop better.